Cowboys Rookie Dixon Fined For Hit In Miami Game
IRVING, Texas (AP) — Rookie Dallas safety Ahmad Dixon has been fined $22,050 for a hit on Miami receiver Matt Hazel in a preseason game last week.
Dixon was penalized for unnecessary roughness for hitting Hazel after the ball had sailed past him near the goal line in the Dolphins’ 25-20 win last Saturday. He was fined for hitting a defenseless player in the head and neck area.
After the game, Dixon said he didn’t care how many times he got fined but softened those comments this week.
While at Baylor last year, Dixon was ejected from a game under the college targeting rule for hitting a receiver with his helmet.
Dallas linebacker Anthony Hitchens was fined $8,268 for a facemask penalty in the Miami game.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Jury In Super Bowl Seating Trial To Hear From NFL Commisioner
- Fears Turns To Frustration For Lakewood Elementary Parents
- Community Chips In To Rebuild Keller Family’s Home
- Authorities Say Teens Getting Dangerous Hallucinogens In The Mail
- DISD Student Captures Teacher’s Profanity-Laced Lecture On Cell Phone