IRVING, Texas (AP) — Rookie Dallas safety Ahmad Dixon has been fined $22,050 for a hit on Miami receiver Matt Hazel in a preseason game last week.
Dixon was penalized for unnecessary roughness for hitting Hazel after the ball had sailed past him near the goal line in the Dolphins’ 25-20 win last Saturday. He was fined for hitting a defenseless player in the head and neck area.
After the game, Dixon said he didn’t care how many times he got fined but softened those comments this week.
While at Baylor last year, Dixon was ejected from a game under the college targeting rule for hitting a receiver with his helmet.
Dallas linebacker Anthony Hitchens was fined $8,268 for a facemask penalty in the Miami game.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Lead And Arsenic Found In E-Cigarette Vapors, Study Finds
- Trump Calls For Arming Many Teachers, More Guards At Schools
- Cops: Chevy Chase Kicked In Roadside Altercation In New York
- After Horrific Shooting, Teachers Return To Their Classrooms
- Nebraska Governor Invites NRA To Move Convention After Dallas Snub