Baylor QB Petty Plans To Play Despite Injury
WACO, Texas (AP) – Baylor quarterback Bryce Petty says he plans to play for the 10th-ranked Bears in Saturday’s night game against Northwestern State despite two cracked small bones in his back.
Petty said he felt “great” Tuesday, a day after an MRI revealed the issue.
The reigning Big 12 offensive player of the year took a shot to the back on his first series of the season in a 45-0 win over SMU on Sunday night. Petty played only the first half, and was clearly in discomfort while throwing for 161 yards with two touchdowns. He also ran for a score to put Baylor up 31-0.
Bears coach Art Briles said Petty won’t play if he’s not 100 percent. When asked about that, Petty smiled and said he’d be 100 percent.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Three People Wounded In Nightclub Shooting
- Arrest Made In Dallas Homicide
- Mavericks Embarrass Heat In 2nd Half, Win 93-72
- Prime Prep, Charter School Started By Deion Sanders Closed
- Judge To Rule On Motion To End Midland Veterans Parade Crash Trial