WACO, Texas (AP) – Baylor quarterback Bryce Petty says he plans to play for the 10th-ranked Bears in Saturday’s night game against Northwestern State despite two cracked small bones in his back.
Petty said he felt “great” Tuesday, a day after an MRI revealed the issue.
The reigning Big 12 offensive player of the year took a shot to the back on his first series of the season in a 45-0 win over SMU on Sunday night. Petty played only the first half, and was clearly in discomfort while throwing for 161 yards with two touchdowns. He also ran for a score to put Baylor up 31-0.
Bears coach Art Briles said Petty won’t play if he’s not 100 percent. When asked about that, Petty smiled and said he’d be 100 percent.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- American Airlines Paying $200 Million For Stake In China Southern
- Texan Pleads Guilty To Claiming Rigged Wisconsin Jackpot
- Music Teacher Says Jam Sessions Help Kids Graduate
- Mother Shot And Killed Trying To Sell Gaming Console
- Little Elm Residents Still Reeling From Hail Storms