Dallas Rookie DE Lawrence Out At Least Half Season
Buy Cowboys Tickets
Cowboys CentralShop for Cowboys Gear
IRVING, Texas (AP) – Dallas Cowboys rookie defensive end DeMarcus Lawrence will miss at least half the season after being placed on the short-term injured list because of a broken right foot.
With the anticipated move Tuesday, the second-round draft pick won’t be eligible to return to practice until after the sixth game, and not able to be play until after the eighth game.
Lawrence, a second-round pick from Boise State, broke his foot early in training camp and needed surgery. He was in a one-on-one drill with Pro Bowl tackle Tyron Smith when his foot got caught as Smith pushed him to the ground.
Dallas signed defensive end Jack Crawford, cut by Oakland last week, to its active roster. Offensive tackle John Wetzel and defensive back Jemea Thomas were added to the practice squad.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Staples: Customer Data Exposed In Security Breach
- Rondo Wants Another Title Run In Move To Dallas
- Perry: Top Official Resigning Over No-Bid Contract
- Unexpected Surprise For Some Collin County Burglary Victims
- Animal Shelter At Code Red Full; Specials Offered