DALLAS, Texas (CBSDFW.COM) – After being cut by the St. Louis Rams this past weekend, Michael Sam may have already found a new home – in Dallas.
According to several sources, Sam will be coming to Dallas tomorrow for a physical – and if all goes well could be signed to the Dallas Cowboys practice squad.[tweet https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/506902786161016833]
Sam became the first openly gay player to attempt to make an NFL team after a prestigious career at Missouri.
After being released by St. Louis, Sam went through waivers unclaimed, which made him free agent.
Jerry Jones was actually asked about Sam on Tuesday morning, but he declined to speculate on if the team might add him.
“I don’t want to talk about available players,” Jones told The Fan. “Not necessarily a player, but just available players. It’s not good strategy. We’ve got competition out here. We’ve got a lot of reasons for not talking about maybes.”[tweet https://twitter.com/fishsports/status/506923250287247360]
*This is a developing story. Listen to 105.3 The Fan and follow CBSDFW.COM for the latest information.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Pelicans’ Cousins: He And Davis Can ‘Wreak Havoc’ Together
- WWE: Why Naomi Will Reclaim The SmackDown Women’s Title
- 2017 NBA Second Half Preview – Western Conference
- Reports: Josh Hamilton To Have Knee Evaluated
- Texas Sports Hall Class Includes Super Bowl, Olympic Champs
- No. 9 Baylor Holds On 60-54 Over Oklahoma To Stay In 2nd
- Baseball’s Hall Of Fame To Honor ‘The Simpsons’ On May 27