NEW YORK (AP) – Bob and Mike Bryan won another tough three-set match to move within one victory of their 16th Grand Slam title.
The top-seeded twins beat fellow Americans Scott Lipsky and Rajeev Ram 6-4, 4-6, 6-3 on Thursday in the U.S. Open semifinals.
The Bryans are seeking their fifth U.S. Open championship and 100th career doubles title. They haven’t won a major tournament since 2013 Wimbledon.
The unseeded Lipsky and Ram were playing in their first Grand Slam semifinal after upsetting third-seeded Daniel Nestor and Nenad Zimonjic in the third round.
The Bryan brothers saved two break points at 2-2 in the final set, then broke in the next game when Lipsky double-faulted.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Governor, First Lady Deliver Meals On Wheels On Thanksgiving
- What Each NFL Team Is Thankful For
- Report: Cowboys Kicker Dan Bailey Available Against Chargers
- Thanksgiving Debut For Rivers Also Big For Chargers, Cowboys
- Live Blog: Los Angeles Chargers Vs. Dallas Cowboys On Thanksgiving Day