Bryan Bros. Reach U.S. Open Doubles Final
NEW YORK (AP) - Bob and Mike Bryan won another tough three-set match to move within one victory of their 16th Grand Slam title.
The top-seeded twins beat fellow Americans Scott Lipsky and Rajeev Ram 6-4, 4-6, 6-3 on Thursday in the U.S. Open semifinals.
The Bryans are seeking their fifth U.S. Open championship and 100th career doubles title. They haven’t won a major tournament since 2013 Wimbledon.
The unseeded Lipsky and Ram were playing in their first Grand Slam semifinal after upsetting third-seeded Daniel Nestor and Nenad Zimonjic in the third round.
The Bryan brothers saved two break points at 2-2 in the final set, then broke in the next game when Lipsky double-faulted.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Ex-State Senator, UT Vice Chancellor Farabee Dies
- 11 Indicted In Dallas-Area Drug Ring, Ties To Jail
- Plano Father Killed In Bizarre Drunk Driving Accident
- Irving Man Arrested For Stepson’s Death
- Norfolk State Tops Texas Southern 76-66