ROWLETT (CBSDFW.COM) – A woman from Rowlett is in police custody, accused of shooting her husband in the hand during an argument on Wednesday evening. The incident happened just before 5:30 p.m. at a home in the 7100 block of Harvest Hill Lane.
Police responded to a call about a shooting at the Rowlett home and arrived to find a man with a single gunshot wound to his left hand. The victim, identified as 47-year-old Shellie Gray, was transported to Medical City of Plano for treatment. The suspect had already left the scene when officers got there.
According to authorities, the shooting appears to have been the result of a domestic dispute. Tracey Gray, the victim’s wife, turned herself in to the Rowlett Police Department at about 7:30 p.m. on Wednesday night.
Gray has been charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. She is now in police custody at the Rowlett City Jail. Gray’s bond has not yet been set.
- Starbucks Commits $10 Million To Develop Greener Coffee Cups
- Nancy Lieberman To Coach ‘Power’ Team In BIG3 League
- Austin Bombings: Mark Anthony Conditt Identified As Suspected Bomber
- “Footloose” & “My Girl” Among Songs Added To National Recording Registry
- A Look Back At Texas Tech’s Road To The NCAA Tournament