AUSTIN (AP) – Texas coach Charlie Strong has suspended two offensive linemen for the Longhorns’ game Saturday night against BYU, further depleting a unit that already lost starting center Dominic Espinosa to injury.
Texas said Wednesday night that tackles Desmond Harrison and Kennedy Estelle were suspended for unspecified violations of team rules. No timeline was given for their return.
Harrison missed Texas’ 38-7 season-opening victory over North Texas last week because of a rules violation. But he was reinstated Monday and was expected to start against BYU. Estelle started against North Texas.
Two other potential starters, receiver Daje Johnson and safety Josh Turner, remain suspended for rules violations. Texas also will play without starting quarterback David Ash after he had concussion symptoms following the opener.
BYU opened with a 35-10 victory at UConn last week.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Gonzalez 4 Hits, 3 RBIs In Astros’ 11-2 Win Over Rangers
- Rookie Smith Gives Mavs Hope In Nowitzki’s 20th Season
- Trump Applauds ‘Great Anger’ Toward Cowboys Gesture, Acknowledges Progress In Standing For Anthem
- NBA Players Want Change, And Now Must Decide How To Proceed
- GOP, White House Prepare To Roll Out Tax Cuts