AUSTIN (AP) – Texas coach Charlie Strong has suspended two offensive linemen for the Longhorns’ game Saturday night against BYU, further depleting a unit that already lost starting center Dominic Espinosa to injury.
Texas said Wednesday night that tackles Desmond Harrison and Kennedy Estelle were suspended for unspecified violations of team rules. No timeline was given for their return.
Harrison missed Texas’ 38-7 season-opening victory over North Texas last week because of a rules violation. But he was reinstated Monday and was expected to start against BYU. Estelle started against North Texas.
Two other potential starters, receiver Daje Johnson and safety Josh Turner, remain suspended for rules violations. Texas also will play without starting quarterback David Ash after he had concussion symptoms following the opener.
BYU opened with a 35-10 victory at UConn last week.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Dallas Mayor Calls Out Judges To Do Better Job At Taking Away Abuser’s Guns
- Nearly 2 Dozen Homes Flooded Near Lake Rockwall
- Dez Bryant: I Promise You I’m Going To Shut A Lot Of People Up
- Family Receives Closure After Vandals Destroy Loved One’s Grave
- Dallas Police Take On Richardson Police In Charity Hockey Game