AUSTIN (AP) – Texas coach Charlie Strong has suspended two offensive linemen for the Longhorns’ game Saturday night against BYU, further depleting a unit that already lost starting center Dominic Espinosa to injury.
Texas said Wednesday night that tackles Desmond Harrison and Kennedy Estelle were suspended for unspecified violations of team rules. No timeline was given for their return.
Harrison missed Texas’ 38-7 season-opening victory over North Texas last week because of a rules violation. But he was reinstated Monday and was expected to start against BYU. Estelle started against North Texas.
Two other potential starters, receiver Daje Johnson and safety Josh Turner, remain suspended for rules violations. Texas also will play without starting quarterback David Ash after he had concussion symptoms following the opener.
BYU opened with a 35-10 victory at UConn last week.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Student Given ‘Most Likely To Become A Terrorist’ Award
- It’s A Tax Free Weekend For Energy Star & Water Efficient Products
- Flood Of Off-Lease Used Cars Push Prices Down, Upend Market
- BMW Recalls 7-Series Cars Because Doors Can Fly Open
- Chicago Fire Score Twice In First 10 Minutes To Beat FC Dallas 2-1