Texas Tech Hopes For Cleaner Game Vs. UTEP
LUBBOCK (AP) – Texas Tech and UTEP had the same goal going into the season, and that was hanging onto the ball.
The Miners succeeded, with their defense and special teams forcing three turnovers in a 31-24 win over New Mexico. The Red Raiders forced none and quarterback Davis Webb threw two interceptions in the first half in a tougher-than-expected 42-35 win over Central Arkansas.
Texas Tech (1-0) has forced just four turnovers in their past four games, dating to Nov. 16. In that same span they’ve turned the ball over 10 times, four of those interceptions. Coach Kliff Kingsbury has made reducing turnovers and penalties a priority this season.
The Miners (1-0) will start senior QB Jameill Showers on Saturday against Texas Tech.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Arlington Contractor Costs City of Fort Worth Time And Money
- Bees Emerge From Pipe, Sting Farmer To Death
- Possible Plea Deal In Dallas County Corruption Case
- Video Calls Officer’s Treatment Of Black Citizens Into Question
- More Angst For Euless Apartment Residents