Texas Tech Hopes For Cleaner Game Vs. UTEP
LUBBOCK (AP) – Texas Tech and UTEP had the same goal going into the season, and that was hanging onto the ball.
The Miners succeeded, with their defense and special teams forcing three turnovers in a 31-24 win over New Mexico. The Red Raiders forced none and quarterback Davis Webb threw two interceptions in the first half in a tougher-than-expected 42-35 win over Central Arkansas.
Texas Tech (1-0) has forced just four turnovers in their past four games, dating to Nov. 16. In that same span they’ve turned the ball over 10 times, four of those interceptions. Coach Kliff Kingsbury has made reducing turnovers and penalties a priority this season.
The Miners (1-0) will start senior QB Jameill Showers on Saturday against Texas Tech.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Uber Driver Charged With Sex Assault Had Criminal History
- Rookie Spotlight: Amari Cooper Looks To Bring Life To Oakland Raiders Passing Game
- Vet Ticketed For Walking On Wrong Side Of Street
- Uber Driver Arrested For Alleged Sexual Assault Of Customer
- Warning About Drones Used In Terrorist Attacks