AUSTIN (AP) – The Texas Longhorns are having a tough week.
Starting quarterback David Ash is out with concussion symptoms and coach Charlie Strong once again had to lay down some discipline, this time suspending both of his starting offensive tackles. That means backup quarterback Tyrone Swoopes will play against BYU on Saturday night behind a patchwork offensive line that has a total of five career starts.
And if that’s not rough enough, remember that it was BYU (1-0) and Cougars quarterback Taysom Hill who rolled up 550 yards rushing in a 40-21 romp over Texas (1-0) last season.
The latest wave of injuries and suspensions has Texas fans in a panic that if the Longhorns lose, they could be in for a long steady spiral of struggles.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Police, Bikers Escort Girl To School In Stand Against Bullying
- Cautious Texas Among Last States To OK Medical Marijuana
- Texas Officials Cut Toll Projects From Transportation Plan
- College Basketball Games To Watch: UNC Takes On UT In Knoxville
- Girl Climbs Into Ceiling & Gets Trapped In Wall Of Arlington Police Substation