TARRANT COUNTY (CBS 11 NEWS) – Testimony wrapped up Friday in the Keller “Black Widow” trial. Michele Williams who is accused in her husband, Greg Williams, murder did not testify.
Williams’ defense team put five witnesses on the stand, including a fraud expert. Cyndy Kimberling, who is a certified public accountant, focused on the couple’s financial history.
At one point, prosecutor Jack Strickland asked, “These finances were grossly mismanaged?” Kimberling replied, “Yes sir,” and then went on to say that “They tended to be living beyond their means.”
Prosecutors say Williams killed for insurance money. Williams’ defense team claims he committed suicide.
Earlier in the week jurors watched a 4.5 hour interrogation video. On it Williams is seen sobbing often and insisting an intruder killed her husband.
After a Keller police sergeant ells her the story isn’t matching up Williams changed the story and said Greg killed himself.
Closing arguments are expected to begin Monday morning. The jury could have a verdict by the end of the day.
If convicted Williams faces life in prison.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Man Accused Of Ripping Off North Texas Tornado Victims Jailed
- 2 Wanted For Attempted Kidnapping Of Teen Girl In Parker County
- Fake License Plates Mean Free Rides For Hundreds Of North Texans
- Child Advocates Relieved Trump To Keep Families Together After Crossing Border Illegally
- Desperate 911 Call Played In Notorious California Abuse Case