ST. ANDREWS, Scotland (AP) — Rory McIlroy has been voted the PGA Tour player of the year for the second time in three years.
The award was announced on Wednesday and surprised no one.
McIlroy hit his stride in the summer and won the British Open and the PGA Championship, with a World Golf Championship in between. Those three straight wins catapulted him to No. 1 in the world.
McIlroy finished the PGA Tour season with three wins. He also led the tour with 12 finishes in the top 10, and he never finished worse than 25th. McIlroy also won the PGA Tour money title with $8.2 million, and he won the Vardon Trophy for the lowest adjusted scoring average.
Chesson Hadley was voted as the rookie of the year.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Dallas Man To Care For Nephew Separated From Dad At Texas Border
- Mavericks Pick, Then Trade Trae Young To Atlanta For Luka Doncic At NBA Draft
- President: First Lady’s ‘I Don’t Care’ Jacket Was Message To Media
- Charles Krauthammer, Legendary Conservative Intellectual, Dies At 68
- Fort Worth Homicide Suspect Admits To Shooting, Killing Ex-Girlfriend