ST. ANDREWS, Scotland (AP) — Rory McIlroy has been voted the PGA Tour player of the year for the second time in three years.
The award was announced on Wednesday and surprised no one.
McIlroy hit his stride in the summer and won the British Open and the PGA Championship, with a World Golf Championship in between. Those three straight wins catapulted him to No. 1 in the world.
McIlroy finished the PGA Tour season with three wins. He also led the tour with 12 finishes in the top 10, and he never finished worse than 25th. McIlroy also won the PGA Tour money title with $8.2 million, and he won the Vardon Trophy for the lowest adjusted scoring average.
Chesson Hadley was voted as the rookie of the year.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Vet Says Dog Flu On Rise In North Texas
- Bitter Blast Has Big Impact On Navarro County
- While Rangers Want To Add Rotation Depth, Yu Still Unlikely
- Indicted Texas AG Has $5.7M War Chest
- Bonham ISD Cancels School For Week Due To Flu