DALLAS (AP) – Police say a Texas man was airlifted to the hospital after being attacked by a swarm of bees while mowing near a self-storage facility.
Police in Hearne, a small town located about 26 miles northwest of College Station, say the man was attacked late Tuesday morning. His name and age haven’t been released.
Police Sgt. Stephen Yohner tells the Bryan-College Station Eagle that firefighters were able to get the bees away by hosing the man down with soap and water. He was then taken to a Bryan hospital.
Authorities diverted traffic away from the area for about an hour-and-a-half. The self-storage facility and a nearby abandoned hotel were roped off until beekeepers were called in. As a precaution, school officials kept students indoors for the rest of the day.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 16-Seed Beats 1-Seed For First Time In NCAA Tournament History
- 1 Killed, 2 Shot In Irving Friday Night
- AG Sessions Fires Former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe
- Michael Flynn Campaigns For GOP Congressional Candidate
- Trump Lawyer Claims Up To $20M In Damages