FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) — A 10-year-old Fort Worth girl was hit by a minivan while trick-o-treating Friday night.
She was transported to Cook Children’s Medical Center for treatment of a broken leg, police said.
The girl was trying to catch up with a group kids, when a parent who was following the kids in a mini-van, hit the child.
According to police, the driver was traveling very slowly. No more than 5 mph.
Police spokeswoman Natosha Tucker said charges likely wouldn’t be filed against the man who was driving the van.
The name of the victim was not released.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Gov. Abbott Wants Mental Health Program To ID Potentially Violent Students Across State
- Mesquite Teen Graduates Less Than Year After Learning English
- Ellis County DA Investigating Accuser After Bogus Rape Claim Against DPS Trooper
- Dallas Police Seek Pair After Nightclub Shooting
- More Than 2 Dozen North Texas Fugitives Caught In ‘Major Operation’