NORTH TEXAS (CBSDFW.COM/AP) — A part of a Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport terminal was evacuated briefly after someone found what officials say was a “suspicious bag.”
An airport statement says the bag was found just before 5 p.m. Thursday inside an airline baggage cart on the Terminal E apron at the busy airport.
Four boarding gate areas near the bag, E32 through E35, were evacuated while airport security investigated. Airport officials wouldn’t say what was found in the bag, but they reported it cleared about an hour after the alert was raised.
One flight was delayed about five minutes by the investigation.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Cowboys Acquire Jamize Olawale From Raiders In Fullback Swap
- Free Ice Cream At Dairy Queen! It’s For A Good Cause
- Unexploded Package Bomb Also Found At FedEx Facility Near San Antonio
- United Airlines Halts Pet Shipments After Several Animal Mishaps
- ‘Heroic’ School Faculty Rescue Crash Victim From Burning Car