AP — The chaotic SEC season comes down to Alabama vs. Missouri with no guarantees beyond that.
The powerhouse league is assured of a playoff spot only if the top-ranked Crimson Tide wins Saturday’s Southeastern Conference championship game in the George Dome.
Tide coach Nick Saban says he “would think that somebody in our league qualifies to be one of the better four teams in the country based on the quality of the league and the good teams that we all have to play.”
Alabama jumped over Florida State in The Associate Press rankings after a 55-44 win over No. 20 Auburn on Saturday night. The Tide already topped the College Football Playoff rankings.
No. 14 Missouri secured a spot in SEC the title game for the second straight year by beating Arkansas.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Texas Governor Meets With Santa Fe Shooting Survivors
- Video Released Of Cowboys’ Terrance Williams’ Arrest
- Extra Security When Students Return To Santa Fe High
- Democrat Valdez Owes $12K In Overdue Property Taxes
- Grand Prairie ISD Expected To Release Investigation Findings