DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM/AP) – Federal prosecutors say a former North Texas youth minister has been indicted on child pornography charges.
Authorities said in a statement Monday that 37-year-old Derek Hutter is facing one count of attempted production of child pornography and another count of receipt of child pornography.
He was formerly a minister at a South Garland Baptist Church.
Hutter last week pleaded not guilty to the charges.
The indictment contends that Hutter asked an underage girl to send him sexually explicit photos of herself. He is also accused of receiving pornographic images on his email account.
A conviction for attempting to produce child pornography carries a term of at least 15 years, while the sentence for receiving child porn is no less than five years.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Police Investigate Suspicious Package Outside Dallas Women’s Clinic
- Police Seek Gunman After Garland Woman Killed In Her Front Yard
- West Virginia Has Reason To Be Wary Of Winless Baylor
- Toyota Tops Consumer Reports Auto Reliability Rankings
- Unique Orange Wine Creating Buzz In Trendy, Sophisticated Circles