DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM/AP) – Federal prosecutors say a former North Texas youth minister has been indicted on child pornography charges.
Authorities said in a statement Monday that 37-year-old Derek Hutter is facing one count of attempted production of child pornography and another count of receipt of child pornography.
He was formerly a minister at a South Garland Baptist Church.
Hutter last week pleaded not guilty to the charges.
The indictment contends that Hutter asked an underage girl to send him sexually explicit photos of herself. He is also accused of receiving pornographic images on his email account.
A conviction for attempting to produce child pornography carries a term of at least 15 years, while the sentence for receiving child porn is no less than five years.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Self-Driving Uber Vehicle Hits & Kills Pedestrian In Arizona
- Latest NBA Power Rankings
- After 4th Austin Explosion PD Says They’re Dealing With “Serial Bomber”
- Report Says Boy Scouts Revoked Badges From Child With Down Syndrome
- Latest NHL Power Rankings