DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM/AP) – Federal prosecutors say a former North Texas youth minister has been indicted on child pornography charges.
Authorities said in a statement Monday that 37-year-old Derek Hutter is facing one count of attempted production of child pornography and another count of receipt of child pornography.
He was formerly a minister at a South Garland Baptist Church.
Hutter last week pleaded not guilty to the charges.
The indictment contends that Hutter asked an underage girl to send him sexually explicit photos of herself. He is also accused of receiving pornographic images on his email account.
A conviction for attempting to produce child pornography carries a term of at least 15 years, while the sentence for receiving child porn is no less than five years.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Anti-White Supremacists Rally Will Have Heavy Police Presence
- Confederate Monuments Removed Or Vandalized Across US
- NASA-Approved Solar Eclipse Glasses Harder To Find
- Celtics To Retire Paul Pierce’s No. 34
- Kindergarten Kids All Smiles About New Academic Journey