Follow CBSDFW.COM: Facebook | Twitter

BEDFORD (CBSDFW.COM) – According to the Bedford Fire Department, a problem with an HVAC system caused a two-alarm fire at an office building on the 1900 block of Central Drive Saturday.

According to the fire department, a power failure in the area caused multiple blower motors to short out.

The fire department said the fire started on the third floor of the building.

The building was evacuated and power was cut.

No injuries were reported.

According to the fire department chief, two handicapped people, who were in wheelchairs, were carried down the stairs of the building by firefighters due to power being cut from the elevators.

Mutual aid from fire departments in Euless, Hurst, Colleyville, and North Richland Hills was needed according to the fire department chief because of how high the fire was in the building.

The fire department chief said the fire was under control and the scene was cleared.

(©2016 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)