GRAPEVINE (CBSDFW.COM) – A ‘deep freeze’ is setting in at one North Texas hotel. The 13th annual Lone Star Christmas event is kicking off today at the Gaylord Texan Resort in Grapevine.
It is a chilly 9 degrees inside winter wonderland that includes 2 million holiday lights, 2 million pounds of hand-carved ice, a 6,000-square-foot ice-skating rink and a 54-foot-tall Christmas tree.
Forty master ice artisans from China traveled to Grapevine to carve the ice into an ice bar, five ice slides, holiday scenes and characters.
The theme for this year’s event is “Santa Claus Is Comin’ To Town”.
The Lone Star Christmas event starts today at 11 a.m. Gaylord Texan PR director Martha Niebling said, “It’s open everyday through January 1. So even on Thanksgiving Day or Christmas Eve, when there aren’t other things in the city to do, we’re always open.”
And guests who didn’t dress for the arctic don’t have to worry. Complimentary parkas, for kids and adults, are provided for visitors to wear.
(©2016 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
INTERESTED IN CELEBRITY NEWS?
HERE’S MORE FROM RADIO.COM
- Adele Shares Cute Australian Tour Announcement
- P!nk & Red Hot Chili Peppers to Headline 50th Summerfest
- Leon Russell, Elton John and Appreciating the Giants
- Grace Vanderwaal Announces ‘Perfectly Imperfect’ EP
- Brantley Gilbert Announces 2017 Tour Dates
- Juicy J Announces 2017 Tour Dates
- Thomas Rhett Releases Wild ‘Star of the Show’ Video
- Bruce Springsteen Rescued by New Jersey Veterans
- Aerosmith Announce ‘Farewell’ Tour
- Lil Wayne Signs with Jay Z?