Texas Teen Electrocuted While Using Cellphone In Bathtub

LUBBOCK (CBS NEWS) – Family and friends are mourning the loss of a 14-year-old Texas girl who died after she was electrocuted in a bathtub.

“It is with heavy hearts that Frenship ISD mourns the loss of Madison Coe,” school officials told CBS affiliate WAFB-TV. “We wish to share our heartfelt sympathy with her family and friends as we carry the burden of this tragedy together.”

madison coe Texas Teen Electrocuted While Using Cellphone In Bathtub

Madison Coe died July 9, 2017 at her father’s house in Lovington, New Mexico. (credit: Coe family)

Authorities say Coe died early Sunday morning at her father’s house in Lovington, New Mexico. It is believed that some sort of involvement with her cellphone, which was plugged into a bathroom wall outlet, led to her electrocution.

“There was a burn mark on her hand,” Coe’s grandmother, Donna O’Guinn, said. “The hand that would have grabbed the phone. That was just very obvious that that’s what had happened.”

The eighth-grader had just graduated from Terra Vista Middle School in Lubbock and after a family relocation had plans to attend high school in Houston.

♦♦♦ Click Here To Read The Complete Story On cbsnews.com ♦♦♦

Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Dallas / Fort Worth

Drip Pan: CBS Local App
Drip Pan: Weather App
Drip Pan: Restaurant Week 365

Watch & Listen LIVE