Latest DFW Weather
There’s a chance North Texas could see its first dose of triple-digit heat this year. According to the CBS 11 Storm Team, a summertime high pressure ridge will build over the Metroplex this week, bringing highs up to 100-degrees.
The deadly tornado that struck near Oklahoma City late last week had a record-breaking width of 2.6 miles and was the second top-of-the-scale EF5 twister to hit the area in less than two weeks.
Oklahoma continues to get hit by storms producing tornadoes. A tornado touched down in Oklahoma City’s western suburbs, then barreled toward the state’s largest city as cameras broadcast the approach on television.
Many of the North Texas tornado victims in the cities of Cleburne and Granbury had their homes and belongings destroyed by the twisters that touched down earlier this month. Now, as communities try to rebuild, resources are growing thin.
Severe Storm chasers Brandon Ivey and Sean Casey used their specialized tornado intercept vehicle to film video from inside a Kansas tornado.
MOORE, Okla. (AP) — The Civil Air Patrol normally aids in searches for lost and missing planes, but given Oklahoma’s unpredictable weather, the local agency is often pressed into disaster response. After the two tornadoes […]
- North Texas Storm & Tornado Damage Could Reach $250 Million CBSDFW.COM–2013/05/24
- Fort Worth Residents Seek Answers For Public Shelter During Storms 2013/05/22
- As Recovery Continues, Hope Springs Eternal For Moore Tornado Victims CBSDFW.COM–2013/05/22
- President Obama To Visit Tornado-Ravaged Moore, Oklahoma 2013/05/22
- Oklahoma Twister Leaves Stories Of Heartbreak & Hope CBSDFW.COM–2013/05/21
- Strength Of OK Twister Upgraded, Search For Survivors Continues CBSDFW.COM–2013/05/21