Latest DFW Weather
Strong storms moved across DFW early Thursday morning. Heavy rain pounded parts of the Metroplex and lightning is being blamed for several house fires.
The water levels at Lake Lavon, Collin County’s largest water source, are low at nearly 12 feet below normal. Residents and businesses in the area welcomed the rain.
Many Arlington Heights residents have been on pins and needles as much of North Texas has been on flood watch since Wednesday night. The Fort Worth neighborhood has a nasty tendency to flood.
Selected rainfall totals across north Texas.
Storms dumped nearly a foot of rain in parts of North Texas and delayed air and highway travel Thursday.
- Rescue and Road Crews Brace For Possible Floods CBS 11–07/16/2014
- Record Low Water Levels At Lake Lavon 07/08/2014
- Drought Forces Richardson To Spend More On Road Work 06/25/2014
- Tarrant Co. Flooding Damaging Homes, Closing Businesses 06/25/2014
- Fort Worth Neighborhood Angry After Flooding 06/25/2014
- Rain Damages Roof Of Fort Worth Business 06/25/2014