Brigitte has been in the journalism business for more than 20 years, starting as an intern at the Muskogee (Okla.) Phoenix newspaper. She and her husband, Tommy, who’s also a journalist, moved to Texas in early 1992. They both worked at the Fort Worth Star-Telegram for several years before deciding to try something new. They packed up and headed to sunny California to work at the San Francisco Chronicle. But after spending two years in the Bay Area, they realized they missed Texas too much and moved back, making their home in Mansfield.
For the next three years, Brigitte was the managing editor of the Star-Telegram’s sister newspaper, the Mansfield News-Mirror. But then she got a call from KRLD. She was eager to learn about the behind-the-scenes aspect of radio and became a news editor for the station. Despite the early-morning hours, Brigitte loves her job. She says every day is a wild ride. You never know what breaking story is going to develop.
Brigitte’s husband, Tommy, is an assistant managing editor for NeighborsGo, the community edition of The Dallas Morning News. Together, they have a teenage son, pet fish and a couple of parakeets. She also has three adult step-children and two step-grandchildren. Brigitte thrives on spending time with her family, laughing, going to the movies, playing in the dirt and cooking (but not cooking dirt). Three of her favorite words are bulbous, gelatinous and unfurl. Whenever she goes to Four Day Weekend’s improv show in Fort Worth, she tries to get at least one of those words used in a comedy routine. So far, she’s been successful every time!
Marvel’s avenging God of Thunder is back on the big screen in “Thor: The Dark World.” Get your first peek at the film in the new official trailer, just released online.
Flight attendants with American Airlines are handing out papers to North Texas travelers as a demonstration against the TSA’s decision to allow some knives back on airplanes.
The Chihuly exhibition has been extended through December 31 as a gift to the City of Dallas from the Arboretum Board of Directors. It was initially set to close on November 5.
- Athletics vs Rangers - May... Tornado Aftermath In Moore HP Byron Nelson Championship... NASCAR Sprint Cup Series...
- Tigers vs Rangers - May 19,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 18,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 17,... Baseball Shots Of The Week –...
- Dallas Comic Con 2013 Tigers vs Rangers - May 16,... Best Summer Dishes Severe Weather Aftermath: May...
- Severe Weather Pictures: May... CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Show Rangers vs Athletics - May... Dallas Cowboys Rookie Camp -...
Latest DFW News
- Summer Wedding Planning
- Severe Weather Moving Across North Texas
- AP Source: Jordan Changing Team Name To Hornets
- Oklahoma City Thunder, Kevin Durant Pledge $1 Million For Tornado Relief
- Bruins Expecting Desperate Rangers In Game 3
- Big 12 Delays Baseball Tournament After Tornado
- Super Bowl 50 Goes To San Francisco, 51 To Houston
- Kings Preparing For Game 4 Showdown With Sharks