J.D. Miles is an award-winning reporter who has been covering North Texas for CBS 11 since 1996. He began his career in Longview and also worked as a reporter in Johnson City, Tennessee and Tulsa, Oklahoma. But he’s a native Texan who was born in Dallas and raised in Plano. He attended Plano Senior High School and SMU, where he found his passion for journalism and decided to pursue a career in TV news.
J.D. has reported from all over the world including the Middle East, Europe and Canada. He has also covered Texas from the Gulf Coast to the Panhandle. You’ll see J.D. at the scene of many of the most important stories affecting North Texans. Some of his most memorable recent experiences include being knocked down by Hurricane Katrina in 2005, dodging wildfires in West Texas in 2006 and wading through floodwaters in North Texas in 2007, all while meeting some extraordinary people along the way.
When he’s not on air, J.D. is a competitive tennis player, and you’ll usually find him practicing on a court or playing in a local tournament. He currently covers the Dallas Police Department for CBS 11 and is always on the lookout for the next big story!
A man accused of sexually assaulting three women in Dallas may have preyed on women in department stores months earlier.
A controversy has developed over the reward fund for help solving the murders of two Kaufman County prosecutors.
A former Park Cities real estate agent will serve eight years in prison for an attack on her ex-husband that was recorded on a smartphone.
Administrators of a Fort Worth charter school faced hard questions about the health and safety of their classrooms.
Two men are telling two very different stories about what led up to a shooting that played out on the side of a North Texas highway.
Dallas police have made two arrests in connection with the murder of a 79-year-old woman who was found dead in her home.
A Dallas police officer, with a history of trouble, is back on duty less than two weeks after killing a man during a struggle.
The City of Dallas is putting together a new game plan to attack mosquitoes this year after hundreds of people across North Texas contracted West Nile Virus last year.
A former school security guard shot and killed his estranged wife before turning the gun on himself, according to police. Sources said that the couple was in the middle of a divorce.
Allegations of steroids, affairs and tawdry photos – all the latest in the high-drama soap opera that is the Deion and Pilar Sanders divorce trial.
Five Dallas police officers have been fired after facing disciplinary hearings.
Random gunfire or retaliation? That’s a question being asked in Plano after bullets flew through a controversial business early Tuesday morning.
- Athletics vs Rangers - May... Tornado Aftermath In Moore HP Byron Nelson Championship... NASCAR Sprint Cup Series...
- Tigers vs Rangers - May 19,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 18,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 17,... Baseball Shots Of The Week –...
- Dallas Comic Con 2013 Tigers vs Rangers - May 16,... Best Summer Dishes Severe Weather Aftermath: May...
- Severe Weather Pictures: May... CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Show Rangers vs Athletics - May... Dallas Cowboys Rookie Camp -...
Latest DFW News
- Randolph, Grizzlies On The Rebound Again
- Romo Removes A Cyst From His Back – But Not The Monkey
- Clippers Head Coach Vinny Del Negro Out After 3 Seasons
- No Love Lost Between Pacers & Heat
- Severe Weather Moving Across North Texas
- Cowboys’ DeMarco Talks About Hamstring Issue
- Strength Of OK Twister Upgraded, Search For Survivors Continues
- Summer Wedding Planning