Jack Fink moved to Dallas after three years at WESH-TV, the NBC affiliate in Orlando. While there, he worked to become the station’s investigative reporter. Among the stories he broke was a series on Orlando firefighters’ claims that the city ignored their serious medical problems to save money. Jack won an Associated Press award and the International Association of Firefighters’ award for those reports.
Before Orlando, Jack won other awards for his reporting at the Orange County Newschannel in Orange County, California, and WINK-TV, the CBS affiliate in Fort Myers, Florida. He began in television news in 1990 as a reporter and anchor for WUTR-TV, the ABC affiliate in Utica, New York.
Jack studied in Spain for a semester as part of a study abroad program. During his senior year, Jack became a radio news anchor and reporter for WHEN-AM in Syracuse.
More than two weeks since the deadly fertilizer plant explosion in West, Texas, and the Sullivans are still cleaning up.
McLennan County’s emergency management coordinator, Frank Patterson, said the county knew the plant stored 270 tons of potentially explosive ammonium nitrate.
A total of 28 state and federal agencies are investigating why the West Fertilizer Company’s plant caught fire and exploded two weeks ago.
Darius McClinton-Hunter, the son of Detroit Tiger outfielder Torii Hunter, has filed a $10 million lawsuit against the parents of several teenage girls from the Town of Prosper who accused him of sexual assault — a crime for which he was later cleared by a grand jury.
The Federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms is investigating the blast along with the Texas State Fire Marshal.
A preliminary report by the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) finds driver error may be to blame for the April 11 tour bus crash in Irving that has now claimed three lives.
Members of the First Baptist Church in West held Sunday services in a field about a mile down from their normal sanctuary.
Last week, the city of Richardson found mosquitoes tested positive in two areas: North Plano Road and East Campbell Road and Renner Road and Northstar Road. The city conducted ground spraying this week in both areas, and also sprayed storm drains at the Plano and Campbell Road area.
Former Kaufman County Justice of the Peace Eric Williams has been formally charged with capital murder in the slayings of assistant District Attorney Mark Hasse, District Attorney Mike McLelland, and his wife Cynthia.
Area pastors presented Kaufman County Judge Bruce Wood with nearly 200 prayer cards filled out by parishoners of 15 churches in the community.
Authorities investigating the murders of a Texas prosecutor and his wife believe a former county official sent a threatening email to law officers three days after the killings.
Calling it the most difficult period in Kaufman County history, on Thursday newly appointed District Attorney Erleigh Norville Wiley said her predecessor, Mike McLelland, continues to inspire her.
- HP Byron Nelson Championship... NASCAR Sprint Cup Series... Tigers vs Rangers - May 19,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 18,...
- Tigers vs Rangers - May 17,... Dallas Comic Con 2013 Tigers vs Rangers - May 16,... Best Summer Dishes
- Severe Weather Aftermath: May... Severe Weather Pictures: May... CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Show Rangers vs Athletics - May...
- Dallas Cowboys Rookie Camp -... Rangers vs Athletics – May... Flash Forward: Concept Cars... G-Bag Nation Live From...
Latest DFW News
- Texas Motor Speedway Firestone 550 Contest
- Rangers RHP Lewis: No Timetable After Rehab Start
- One North Texas Officer Says Ticket Quotas Do Exist…And It May Be A Ticket To A Trophy
- Parts of Granbury Evacuated Under Severe Weather Threats
- 8 Questions For Cowboys At OTAs
- Praise for Firefighter Stan Wilson Both On, Off-Duty
- Rangers Turn Lowe Loose To Make Room For Lindblom
- Tortorella Says There’s ‘No Give’ In Rangers As Series Shifts To N.Y.