Jason Allen came to North Texas after working as a reporter for four years in Orlando, FL. In 2010, he spent several weeks leading WFTV’s coverage of the Gulf oil spill and reported from Alaska on the lingering impact of the Exxon Valdez disaster as part of that coverage.
While in college, Jason interned at WLS in Chicago. He received his bachelor’s degree in communication arts from Trinity Christian College in Palos Heights, Illinois and then began his career as a producer/reporter at Primary Focus. He went on to work as a reporter/anchor at KTWO-TV in Casper, Wyoming and later as a reporter at WBAY-TV in Green Bay, Wisconsin, where he reported on the prison release and subsequent re-arrest of convicted killer Steven Avery.
In 2009, Jason was recognized with a Suncoast EMMY award for exposing discrimination by a boat club operating on public land.
Jason is a native of Southern California. He and his wife, Carli, have two young boys. They’re avid baseball and tennis fans and enjoy getting outside with their dog, a spinone italiano.
Buyers, builders and realtors in North Texas say prices for new home construction are climbing every 30 to 60 days.
It was just $166 from a payday loan business, but it didn’t take much for Sybil Shepard to fall behind paying it back.
The wife of Tarrant County District Attorney Joe Shannon testified Wednesday she believed it was her duty as a citizen to tell him about possible crimes she learned about in her family law practice.
A school bus company apologized after leaving a 10-year-old girl behind at school, even though school staff tried to stop the bus.
An armed police officer could be in every school in Southlake by the fall, at no cost to the Carroll Independent School District.
All she had to go by, were the green letters and numbers on a black screen, and the garbled radio call of a pilot. LouElla Hollingsworth knew though that 27,000 feet above Texas, there was a plane in trouble that she had to try to save.
After two weeks of mudslinging testimony, the child custody hearing is over between former Dallas Cowboy and NFL Hall of Famer Deion Sanders and his estranged wife Pilar.
A surge in home buying dropped available homes to their lowest level in over 20 years. Prices are now surging, as homes that couldn’t garner offers in the fall are now drawing several.
The Army has ordered nearly 50 reforms for diagnosing and treating soldiers with post-traumatic stress and other behavioral health issues.
Carroll ISD flipped the switch Tuesday on field lights some Southlake residents had been trying to stop for years.
A leaking gas line that forced a Denton County neighborhood to evacuate may have been leaking for several weeks.
In the back and forth debate over the potential impact of the nation’s forced budget cuts, a Fort Worth soldier suddenly heard his own story being told in a Washington hearing room full of generals and congressmen.
- CBS 11 Weather Day - May 22,... Dallas White Out Party - May... Athletics vs Rangers - May... Athletics vs Rangers - May...
- Tornado Aftermath In Moore HP Byron Nelson Championship... NASCAR Sprint Cup Series... Tigers vs Rangers - May 19,...
- Tigers vs Rangers - May 18,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 17,... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Dallas Comic Con 2013
- Tigers vs Rangers - May 16,... Best Summer Dishes Severe Weather Aftermath: May... Severe Weather Pictures: May...
Latest DFW News
- Scout Leaders Expected To Vote On Openly Gay Scouts
- Affidavit: Mother Of Child Who Died in Hot Car ‘Certain’ She Dropped Daughter Off At Daycare
- CBS 11 Steals & Deals: May 22
- Fort Worth Residents Seek Answers For Public Shelter During Storms
- As Recovery Continues, Hopes Springs Eternal For Moore Tornado Victims
- Wild Bounce, 4th Line Grit Has Bruins One Win Away From Conference Finals
- Rangers Win Behind Recent Call-Up Wolf
- Man Card Court: Salads On Instagram