Quality talking points about Jeff Cavanaugh:
– Probably the best WR in the history of Abilene Christian University to never record a statistic.
– Proud alumni of the Arnie Spanier Show and current member of the G-Bag Nation.
– Favorite food is a #8 from Taco Bell: 2 crunchy, 1 soft, all no lettuce, with a Mountain Dew.
– Allen High School grad, proud member of the metroplex.
– Member of 105.3 The Fan since July of the year 20 and 10.
– Former prestigious sports gigs include being a spotter for the great Wally Lynn and Coach Joe Avezzano during Dallas Desperados games.
– Founder of the Mavericks #TeamTank movement.
Catch Jeff as part of the GBag Nation weekdays from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Follow him on twitter @JC1053
This year is a very unique draft in that after the #1 overall pick I see a ton of different flavors for different teams depending on what you’re looking for.
Jeff Cavanaugh breaks down the running backs at the NFL Combine.
With all of the recent developments and changes in the NFL Draft pick order, The Fan’s Jeff Cavanaugh has submitted his latest mock draft picks – Version 3.0.
You want in the top 5 for a QB? You overpay a little bit. If you wanna be nice to them, pretend the Cowboys send LA a 4th round pick along with #4 overall.
For me, this is the order I would pick these guys specifically for the Dallas Cowboys, so positional value matters.
Some notes about some big name guys that either worked out or talked today.
Tomorrow it’ll be nice to get some guys on the field and see them work, but for today it was all about QBs and WRs and the measurement/media portions.
Welcome humans to my observations from Wednesday at the NFL Draft Combine.
Like many others, I thoroughly enjoy looking at every mock draft I can find. I am pretty darn familiar with the Cowboys roster/scheme/needs but can’t say the same for all 32 NFL teams.
Some people like to do Big Boards leading up the the NFL Draft that include 32 guys since there are usually 32 picks in the first round.
After watching both the North and South teams practice today in Mobile, a few thoughts on what I’ve seen:
Here’s my best guess at how the 2015 Dallas Cowboys could shake out when they have to cut down to 53 players.