Jeff Ray joined CBS 11 and TXA 21 in December 2010. Jeff came to North Texas from Nashville, where he spent the past 11 years, most recently as the morning meteorologist at WKRN-TV. His career has also taken him to Kansas City, Mo., where he was the senior meteorologist at KSHB-TV. Prior to that, he worked at television stations in Jefferson City, Mo.; Knoxville, Tenn.; and Fort Pierce, Fla.
Born in Lubbock, Jeff spent most of his childhood in Tennessee. He returned to Texas to attend the University of Texas at Austin, where he received his first undergraduate degree. Jeff went on to study news at the University of Florida and later completed his bachelor’s degree in broadcast meteorology at Mississippi State University. He also holds a master’s degree in science education from the University of Missouri at Kansas City.
Jeff and his wife are thrilled to be raising their two sons here in North Texas. In his spare time, Jeff enjoys gardening, cooking (which is more like scientific experimentation, if you ask his wife) and woodworking.
A mosquito tested positive for the virus in south Dallas this week, so crews in Dallas County will begin ground spraying on Wednesday night.
You can monitor the radar on our website There are two chances of rain and storms for north Texas over the next 8 hours. The first is a weak line of rain/storms moving over [...]
The latest high temperatures as of 3pm this afternoon: Dewpoints are in the high 60′s so the “feel like” at Dallas Love Field right now is 101°F. A Severe Thunderstorm Watch box just wen t [...]
A nice rain on Saturday afternoon and evening brought impressive rainfall amounts from the western edge of Henderson County north across Hunt and eastern Fannin counties. An Urban and Small Stream Advisory was issued by [...]
Four children are in the hospital Friday morning after a truck slammed into their home. The driver then fled from the scene.
The hot temperatures will not be leaving North Texas any time soon, so many people will be looking for a place to go to cool off from the scorching heat.
The spring was very dry this year. A heat wave is starting up across North Texas. And area lake levels are very, very low as we head into the dry season.
A line of storms packing 40-50mph winds and brief heavy rain rolled across north Texas in the early morning hours. No Watches were issued but the line of storms did trigger “weather advisories” from the [...]
There is a heat wave right around the corner, the first one of the summer season: I’m likely a little aggressive with the first triple-digit highs of the season (if he arrives on Wednesday we [...]
The odds of a tornado hitting your home are extremely small. But, if it were to happen, you would need a place to stay safe. That has pushed many people into building storm shelters.
After a week in a row of 70 degree plus morning lows we enjoy (for the second morning) a nice start to our day. You can see that the morning lows on Friday and Saturday [...]
- Athletics vs Rangers – June... Photos From The 2013 Miss USA... "The Amazing Race" Casting... Athletics vs Rangers - June...
- Most Romantic US Honeymoon... Adrienne Bankert On "The Talk" Blue Jays vs Rangers – June... Blue Jays vs Rangers – June...
- Blue Jays vs Rangers – June... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Brandon Carr Celebrity... Blue Jays vs Rangers - June...
- Indians vs Rangers - June 12,... Indians vs Rangers - June 11,... Slater's IndyCar Ride-Along... Rangers vs Blue Jays – June...
Latest DFW News
- Chaos Erupts At Fort Worth Apartment Complex
- Feds Bust Prostitution Ring Called “Operation Flaming Dragon”
- Supreme Justice Alito Throws 1st Pitch At Ballpark
- Report: Actor James Gandolfini Dead At Age 51
- A’s at Rangers Preview
- Bomb Threat Made At Bell County Courthouse Near Fort Hood
- Mass Exodus Of DISD Teachers, End Of Year Vacancies Double
- Redfining Obesity Leads To Awareness