Scott Sams, and his wife Lisa, are very active in their church. Lisa is in Christian Women’s Ministry.(Scott says “I married WAY ABOVE my head!”) They have been married for over 25 years, and have called north Texas home since 1985. They have served on boards of hospitals, prison ministries, and numerous local charities through the years. They love to travel. Scott’s favorite over the years is Italy. Lisa’s is England(she studied at Oxford). They also both find paradise on any tropical island. Yes. They are Island Hoppers. They have traveled to (almost) every island in the Caribbean, and hope to go para-sailing again over the lagoons of Tahiti and Bora Bora someday soon.
They have lived in Lake Highlands, Frisco, and Plano during their time here in north Texas. “This is our home. We have close family, and friends spread out across north Texas.” Scott also plays a lot of golf, loves college football(especially the University of Tennessee!), and is a NASCAR nut! He’s had the opportunity to race around the Texas Motor Speedway, with NASCAR drivers at speeds of over 165 miles per hour.
Scott started his broadcast career at the age of 14, at a very small radio station just outside his hometown in Knoxville, Tennessee. Both of his parents were in, and on, television in the 50′s and 60′s. So Scott is a second generation broadcaster. After 5 years of working at various radio stations, Scott moved over to television. Through his 34 year television career, Scott has been a weather, sports, and news anchor. As an Emmy Award winning TV talk show host, Scott interviewed hundreds of celebrities, politicians, authors, national and international leaders.
Locations across Florida as low as $259 — and a West Coast flight to San Diego for $289!
Tom Parsons with BestFares.com joined the KRLD Morning News team to provide listeners with the best travel deals of the week.
Many religious groups are using social media to help spread their beliefs in cyberspace.
Yuri Foreman is proving that an athlete can fully commit to his or her faith while still achieving personal and competitive goals.
Christopher Scott was 27 when he went to jail for a murder that he did not commit. “That was the worst day of my life,” he said.
Cowboys linebacker Bradie James is helping breast cancer patients with a new resource center.
- HP Byron Nelson Championship... NASCAR Sprint Cup Series... Tigers vs Rangers - May 19,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 18,...
- Tigers vs Rangers - May 17,... Dallas Comic Con 2013 Tigers vs Rangers - May 16,... Best Summer Dishes
- Severe Weather Aftermath: May... Severe Weather Pictures: May... CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Show Rangers vs Athletics - May...
- Dallas Cowboys Rookie Camp -... Rangers vs Athletics – May... Flash Forward: Concept Cars... G-Bag Nation Live From...
Latest DFW News
- Tornado Hits West Texas Town Of Blanket
- Romo To Miss OTAs After Undergoing Back Surgery
- Troy Buys Shoes For Cowboys OTAs
- Ways To Help Tornado Victims In Oklahoma
- Oakland Overpowers Rangers, 9-2
- Texas Motor Speedway Firestone 550 Contest
- Rangers RHP Lewis: No Timetable After Rehab Start
- One North Texas Officer Says Ticket Quotas Do Exist…And It May Be A Ticket To A Trophy