Shan was born and raised in Cambridge, MD. He graduated from American University in Washington, DC in 2003. While majoring in Broadcast Journalism, Shan interned for the legendary George Michael at NBC 4.
After graduating from AU, Shan started his radio career doing play-by-play and color for the Rockford Lightning of the Continental Basketball Association. During the off season, Shan was offered his own full-time show for an ESPN Radio affiliate in MD.
Shan worked weekends in Baltimore for ESPN and Fox Sports Radio until 2009, when he was hired to bring his “New School” perspective to 106.7 The Fan each Saturday from 9am-1pm.
New School with Shan and RJ takes an outside the box approach with strong opinions on local sports issues. New School will be very interactive on air and on all social networks. Shan and R.J. incorporate the audience while challenging conventional sports wisdom with a unique, honest, no apologies approach. Shan’s biggest challenge is dodging the embarrassment of winning a tennis state championship (in mixed doubles).
New School with Shan and R.J. can be heard weekdays, 5:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. on 105.3 The Fan.
Follow Shan on Twitter @NewSchoolSS
Its Yo! Roger Raps! featuring Roger Emrich and special guest …Greg “Greggo” Williams from RAGE!!! It’s Eminem’s “Without Me”
With the Cowboys just $175,000 under the salary cap and unable to improve through free agency, it’s time for Jerry Jones to answer the questions fans want to know.
New School’s Shan Shariff spoke with someone closely connected to the Rangers on Monday night and gathered some new info on the power struggle between Nolan Ryan and Jon Daniels.
Yo! Roger Raps! featuring Roger Emrich FINALLY brings to life the BIGGEST rapper in the game today — and he has no “problem” doing it. Roger pays tribute to Jay-Z with “99 Problems”.
In addressing the congregation following Tim Tebow’s cancellation, Pastor Dr Robert Jeffress suggested that Tebow “wimped out” when faced with pressure. Do you agree?
With the WWE rolling into Dallas on Monday night, New School decided to tease, treat and surprise their over-grown ‘professional wrestling’ fan geek producer Troy with a special guest.
Roger Emrich returns this week for Yo! Roger Raps! and takes us back to the 90′s . . with Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch’s “Good Vibrations”
On his first day in the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim clubhouse, Josh Hamilton arrived slimmer and in better shape then previous spring trainings. Hamilton credits the weight loss as part of a new juicing diet.
Roger Emrich returns this week for Yo! Roger Raps! with an all-time classic . . Digital Underground’s “Humpty Dance”.
The Hall of Fame RB gave his take on the issues with the current Cowboys team, coach Garrett and Tony Romo and more.
Roger wanted to represent The Big Easy…by droppin’ some vocal knowledge with Lil Wayne!
Its another installment of Yo Roger Raps! . . and this week, Roger Emrich takes on Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg!
- Athletics vs Rangers - May... Tornado Aftermath In Moore HP Byron Nelson Championship... NASCAR Sprint Cup Series...
- Tigers vs Rangers - May 19,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 18,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 17,... Baseball Shots Of The Week –...
- Dallas Comic Con 2013 Tigers vs Rangers - May 16,... Best Summer Dishes Severe Weather Aftermath: May...
- Severe Weather Pictures: May... CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Show Rangers vs Athletics - May... Dallas Cowboys Rookie Camp -...
Latest DFW News
- Severe Weather Moves Across North Texas
- Oklahoma Twister Leaves Stories Of Heartbreak & Hope
- Amber Alert Issued For 9-Month-Old Girl
- Cowboys WR Dez Bryant: ‘I Found Myself’
- Knicks Unsure About Stoudemire’s Role
- Texas Baptist Men To Offer Cooked Meals, Comfort To Okla. Storm Victims
- Randolph, Grizzlies On The Rebound Again
- Romo Removes A Cyst From His Back – But Not The Monkey