Latest Tournament News
- Keidel: NBA Needs To Raise Age Restriction The player, college, and NBA have suffered greatly in quality of play and players. And for every Kobe Bryant and Kevin Garnett there has been a conga line of lost causes, teens who toiled in Europe or Asia or worse once their hoop dreams melted into...
- Rising Star: Kansas Guard Naadir Tharpe The 5’11” Tharpe is averaging 30 minutes, 8.9 points, and 5.1 assists per game while shooting 45 percent from the field, 39 percent from deep, and 82 percent from the line.
- Bruce Springsteen, Jason Aldean To Headline March Madness Music Festival In Dallas The Final Four is bringing more than college basketball's best teams to North Texas in April. It's also bringing in some big-name musical talent.
- Big 12 Beating Up Each Other Ahead Of NCAA Tourney After two months spent mostly bludgeoning each other into submission, coaches in the Big 12 are starting to cast a wary eye toward the NCAA tournament.
- Big 12 Tournament Sells Out For Fifth Straight Year Next month's Big 12 tournament at the Sprint Center has sold out for the fifth consecutive year, though standing-room tickets may become available closer to the event.
- Rising Star: Michigan State Guard Gary Harris The Big Ten’s Freshman of the Year last season is averaging 17.9 points per game (second in the conference), 4.3 rebounds, 2.8 assists, and two steals for the 22-6 Spartans.
- Rising Star: SMU Guard Nic Moore Moore, a 5’9” point guard from Winona Lake, Ind., is playing as well as anyone in the American Athletic Conference right now. He leads his team with 14.1 points and 4.7 assists per game.
- For Many, Fan Behavior Crosses Line Too Often OSU's Marcus Smart is suspended three games for shoving a Texas Tech fan. The incident shows how volatile the interaction between fans and athletes is becoming.