WASHINGTON (CBSDFW.COM) – For every gallon of gas you pump, 18.4 cents of what you pay goes toward the federal tax. The tax has remained unchanged since 1993.
However, a new bipartisan proposal coming from the U.S. Senate would increase that tax by 12 cents over the next two years (6 cents each in 2015 and 2016) to boost federal transportation funding. The plan would also provide for future annual increases at the rate of inflation.
CBS 11 wants to know if you support the proposed gas tax? Vote in the poll below:
Other Ways To Vote:
– You can text “yes” or “no” to 84816. (Message and data rates may apply. You will receive a bounceback text.)
– You can tweet “@CBSDFW, My Vote Is #yes” or “@CBSDFW, My Vote Is #no.”
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Town Prays For Texas Ice Cream Maker Linked To Listeria
- Mavs’ Carlisle Fined $25,000 For Criticizing Refs After Loss
- Texas GOP’s 2016 Presidential hopefuls Call For Strong US
- When It Comes To Your Fantasy Team, Always Be Looking For Someone Better
- Keidel: Money, Mayhem And Madness
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures