The American Airlines’ pilots union approved a plan that could ultimately lead to a merger between American and US Airways inside bankruptcy.
With American Airlines canceling dozens of flights every day, passengers with fall travel plans are confronting an inconvenient question: Should they avoid the nation’s third-largest carrier because labor strife might cause delays and cancelations?
The pilot’s union says it will hold a strike vote if American Airlines throws out its labor contract in bankruptcy court.
A federal bankruptcy judge is blocking American Airlines from temporarily setting pay and contract rules for its pilots.
AMR, the parent company of American Airlines, is now considering merger options according a two-page letter to employees from CEO Tom Horton. The announcement came on the same day two work groups from the Transport Workers Union announced that a tentative agreement had been reached with AA on a new contract.
When American Airlines flight attendant Robert Hearn is on the picket line his feet aren’t on the street — they’re just keeping the beat. Hearn has a string of YouTube videos that skewer American’s management.
They’re not sure where they’re going, or when, but Misty and Eric Emery decided not to wait for the bad news.
More than 100 flight attendants and other supporters are picketing outside of Terminal D at Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport today. The group is at the airport supporting the US Airways bid to merge with American Airlines.
- Namaste: Yoga Poses For... Athletics vs Rangers – May... CBS 11 Weather Day - May 22,... Dallas White Out Party - May...
- Athletics vs Rangers - May... Athletics vs Rangers - May... Tornado Aftermath In Moore HP Byron Nelson Championship...
- NASCAR Sprint Cup Series... Tigers vs Rangers - May 19,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 18,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 17,...
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Dallas Comic Con 2013 Tigers vs Rangers - May 16,... Best Summer Dishes
Latest DFW News
- DISD Board Supports Plan To Replace Principals, Teachers
- Jose Canseco Denies Sexual Assault Allegation
- FBI Seeks Sealed Court Documents In Investigation Into Dallas County DA
- DISD School Board To Vote On Superintendent’s Principal Plan
- Prosecutors Want Bond Revoked For Dallas Cowboy Josh Brent
- Texas’ Cities Among Fastest-Growing In US
- Forest Park Pool Needs Public’s Help
- Boy Scouts Vote To Allow Openly Gay Members