The Humane Society of Central Texas sent 57 dogs from the Waco area to The SPCA of Texas Thursday night. Based in Dallas, the SPCA is taking the animals in to help free up space at local shelters near the explosion.
Every year about 300 of these “war dogs” are retired from military service and up for adoption. But that can cost as much as $2,000 since the military doesn’t pay for the dogs’ return trip home.
Prosecutors said Monday that they won’t charge a Texas couple in the death of a 3-year-old adopted boy from Russia, a case that has become the latest flashpoint in the debate over whether American families should be allowed to adopt Russian children.
A Fort Worth adoption agency is now part of a story that’s gained international attention. The story centers around the death of 3-year old Max Shatto, a Russian boy who died last month after he was adopted by a West Texas family.
A 40-year-old western Ohio man returns to court in Dayton on Tuesday to be sentenced for crimes that have all but ensured that he will spend the rest of his life in prison.
Russian authorities have blamed “inhuman treatment” for the death of a 3-year-old boy adopted by an American family, but Texas officials say they are still investigating claims that the child was abused before his death.
Alexander D’Jamoos spoke only a few words of English six years ago. His arrival to North Texas in 2006 was a medical visit to amputate his legs, deformed by a congenital defect.
It doesn’t look like it will be difficult to find homes for the nearly 100 puppies dumped on rural roads in Denton County earlier this week. Most of them will be ready for adoption in a few days.
Over the past week, 80 puppies have been dumped in Denton County, and the Humane Society of North Texas (HSNT) is offering a reward for information about whoever is doing it.
Young and frisky, like most six month old puppies, Moose and Maverick like to play rough.
In a quiet city office Wednesday morning, Fort Worth’s code enforcement managers agonized over a life or death decision.
Animal shelters across North Texas are full to overflowing, and it’s taxing the limits of their facilities while stretching their human resources thin. So shelters are taking some unusual promotions to get pets adopted.
- HP Byron Nelson Championship... NASCAR Sprint Cup Series... Tigers vs Rangers - May 19,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 18,...
- Tigers vs Rangers - May 17,... Dallas Comic Con 2013 Tigers vs Rangers - May 16,... Best Summer Dishes
- Severe Weather Aftermath: May... Severe Weather Pictures: May... CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Show Rangers vs Athletics - May...
- Dallas Cowboys Rookie Camp -... Rangers vs Athletics – May... Flash Forward: Concept Cars... G-Bag Nation Live From...
Latest DFW News
- Texas Motor Speedway Firestone 550 Contest
- Rangers RHP Lewis: No Timetable After Rehab Start
- One North Texas Officer Says Ticket Quotas Do Exist…And It May Be A Ticket To A Trophy
- Parts of Granbury Evacuated Under Severe Weather Threats
- 8 Questions For Cowboys At OTAs
- Praise for Firefighter Stan Wilson Both On, Off-Duty
- Rangers Turn Lowe Loose To Make Room For Lindblom
- Tortorella Says There’s ‘No Give’ In Rangers As Series Shifts To N.Y.