American Airlines Bankruptcy
DALLAS (AP) — US Airways says American Airlines is about to spell out its plan for emerging from bankruptcy protection after the two companies merge. US Airways, whose CEO will run the combined company, said […]
The largest union at American Airlines now has an agreement in place that will give members a nearly five-percent pay raise if American merges with U.S. Airways.
Top leaders at American Airlines, US Airways, and their pilot unions are meeting to discuss a merger, one of the unions said. The Allied Pilots Association at American Airlines disclosed the meetings in a hotline message to members Wednesday.
The Allied Pilots Association board of directors voted late Friday morning to send its 8,000 members the deal in principle struck with American Airlines. The final count was 12-4 in favor of presenting the offer.
The head of the pilots’ union says the latest delay in American Airlines’ bankruptcy case increases the chances that the company will be taken over, presumably by US Airways.
Despite recent negative headlines involving loose seats, flight delays and cancellations, the Fort Worth-based carrier says it made a $110 million profit in the third quarter.
American Airlines officials say they want to resume contract negotiations with pilots, but the union wants a written invitation.
American Airlines is doubling down on accusations that recent on-time performance issues are pilot related.
American Airlines is sending layoff warning notices to more than 11,000 employees although it expects job losses to be closer to 4,400.
Flight attendants must apply by Thursday, and will receive $40,000 in cash. But they will give up all seniority, lose their company-subsidized health benefits, and can’t be rehired. More than 1400 flight attendants have signed up.
American Airlines sent a letter to employees Wednesday night, laying out the first changes for their employment as the company began the cost cutting needed to keep the bankrupt air carrier in the air.
Fort Worth Mayor Betsy Price says don’t expect overgrown grass and empty lots at the site of the American Airlines maintenance base at Alliance Airport. The city has already heard from several companies interested in moving into the space.
- Big Balls At Bombshells... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... Athletics vs Rangers – May... CBS 11 Weather Day - May 22,...
- Dallas White Out Party - May... Athletics vs Rangers - May... Athletics vs Rangers - May... Tornado Aftermath In Moore
- HP Byron Nelson Championship... NASCAR Sprint Cup Series... Tigers vs Rangers - May 19,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 18,...
- Tigers vs Rangers - May 17,... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Dallas Comic Con 2013 Tigers vs Rangers - May 16,...
Latest DFW News
- Overton DQ’d At Colonial For Using Putting Aid
- San Antonio Flooding Kills 1; Dozens Rescued
- Escaped Prisoner On The Lam
- Friends Say Goodbye To Fallen Firefighter
- Texas Tech 8, Baylor 2
- Protesters March Against Monsanto In North Texas
- Huey Lewis Sports Fan Ticket Contest
- Lake Levels for the Memorial Day Weekend in North Texas