American Federation of Teachers
Republican legislative leaders in Texas are calling for modest increases in spending for public schools and the overall budget for 2014-15.
There is a new push to require teachers to carry a professional license as well as a certification.
Advocates for social services are calling on Texas lawmakers to reverse budget cuts made during the last legislative session as the state shows signs of an early recovery from the recession.
School districts are now tackling their budgets for next year, and debate over public funding for public schools will likely escalate later this month.
The press conference centered on the DISD and the topic was bullying, but it had nothing to do with the problems facing youngsters. The event aired claims of bullying and intimidation of school employees and parents by board trustees.
A new survey reveals education budget cuts are significantly affecting Texas students – negatively.
The Dallas ISD is looking into shutting down 11 schools and consolidating them with others as a way to cut into a $30 million budget shortfall.
Latest DFW News
- Jimmie Johnson Races To Record 4th All-Star Win
- Randolph Struggles, Spurs Route Grizzlies In Game 1
- 5 People Hurt In Fort Worth Fight
- Yahoo Takes Big Leap With $1.1B Deal For Tumblr
- Author Shares Tips For Stressed Parents
- Johnson Scores Twice As Sounders Beat FC Dallas
- Teen Killed By Alleged Drunk Driver In Grand Prairie
- Miguel Kicks Spectators At Billboard Awards