When Andrew Marsh’s students at Danny Jones Middle School in Mansfield walk around mouthing lyrics about the Runaway Scrape, Spanish presidios, Anson Jones and the Know-Nothing Party, they’re not killing time. They’re studying Texas history.
Just 13 percent of high school seniors who took the 2010 National Assessment of Educational Progress, called the Nation’s Report Card, showed a solid grasp of American history, the report card says.
These early American history legends may be conventional wisdom, and some are even taught in school, but they definitely are not facts. The following myths originated from poems, stories that changed over time or historical […]
Latest DFW News
- Residents In Granbury Get Glimpse Of Their Homes
- Andrus Has 5 Hits In Texas’ 7-2 Win Over Detroit
- Powerball Ticket Sales Soar
- Tornado Sucks Survivor Into The Air
- Severe Threat Increases
- Bradley Keeps Lead After 3 Rounds At Nelson
- Notorious Texas Millionaire Laid To Rest
- Man Arrested In Connection To West Dallas Killing