Man Dies From Infection He Got While Doing Harvey Storm RepairsHealth officials say the death of a 31-year-old Galveston man is the result of Hurricane Harvey because he was doing repair work to clean up from the storm when he contracted a flesh-eating bacterial infection.
FDA Warns Against Eating Raw Dough Amid E. Coli FearsIn a warning that's sure to disappoint many who enjoy sneaking a taste of cookie dough, the federal Food and Drug Administration says people shouldn't eat raw dough or batter of any kind.
New Test Aims To Better Detect Viral InfectionsResearchers are developing a blood test to more easily tell when a respiratory illness is due to a virus and not a bacterial infection, hoping to cut the dangerous overuse of antibiotics and speed the right diagnosis.
CDC Has Health Warning For Feral Hog HuntersMedical officials have a health warning for Texans hunting feral hogs. According to the CDC, feral hogs can expose hunters to a bacterial illness called brucellosis.