Woman Dies Of Flesh-Eating Infection After Eating Raw OystersA woman's crabbing trip in Louisiana turned tragic after she died from a flesh-eating bacterial infection health officials say came from eating raw oysters.
Man Dies From Infection He Got While Doing Harvey Storm RepairsHealth officials say the death of a 31-year-old Galveston man is the result of Hurricane Harvey because he was doing repair work to clean up from the storm when he contracted a flesh-eating bacterial infection.
Alvarado ISD Dealing With 3 Cases Of Highly Contagious InfectionThe Alvarado Independent School District is dealing with a contagious bacterium at one of its schools. So far, there have been three confirmed cases of students being infected with Shigella.
New Test Aims To Better Detect Viral InfectionsResearchers are developing a blood test to more easily tell when a respiratory illness is due to a virus and not a bacterial infection, hoping to cut the dangerous overuse of antibiotics and speed the right diagnosis.