CBS 11 News Anchor Keith Garvin looks back on his trip to Afghanistan, the military personnel he traveled with and met, and answers questions he’s been asked since returning. Given everything he’d do it all again.
Brian Eckley from Fort Worth is training for a triathlon. But he is not along the Trinity Trail or White Rock Lake. The 17-year Army veteran is in Afghanistan.
While many Americans are focused on the economy and this year’s presidential election, soldiers in Afghanistan are still in dangerous combat situations.
Another day of shooting video. Another day of dealing with indirect fire.
If you ever visit Afghanistan & need to travel around this rugged country I highly recommend doing so courtesy of a UH-60 Black Hawk helicopter!
Soldiers spotted a local man wearing an American Army uniform, a no-no for Afghans. The man took off running and a chase through a market ensued.
Today Edgar & I took our first trip outside the wire of Bagram Airfield. We tagged along with a military police company out Fort Richardson in Alaska.
We just spent about 40 minutes inside a concrete bunker after the base received indirect missile fire. The alarm sounded almost exactly at midnight.
- Big Balls At Bombshells... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... Athletics vs Rangers – May... CBS 11 Weather Day - May 22,...
- Dallas White Out Party - May... Athletics vs Rangers - May... Athletics vs Rangers - May... Tornado Aftermath In Moore
- HP Byron Nelson Championship... NASCAR Sprint Cup Series... Tigers vs Rangers - May 19,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 18,...
- Tigers vs Rangers - May 17,... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Dallas Comic Con 2013 Tigers vs Rangers - May 16,...
Latest DFW News
- Friends Say Goodbye To Fallen Firefighter
- Texas Tech 8, Baylor 2
- Protesters March Against Monsanto In North Texas
- Escaped Prisoner On The Lam
- Huey Lewis Sports Fan Ticket Contest
- Lake Levels for the Memorial Day Weekend in North Texas
- Woman Set On Fire Fights For Her Life
- Police Say Tips Coming In For Southlake Murder