After months of courtship, American Airlines and US Airways are officially tying the knot. In the aviation industry’s newest marriage, the two carriers will create the world’s largest airline.
A Boeing 787 landed routinely in Washington, near the factory where it was assembled. The plane was flown in from Fort Worth where it had been painted in the colors of the airline, China Southern.
A bankruptcy judge has granted permission for AMR to buy new, fuel-efficient planes. American Airlines plans to receive nearly 60 planes this year and has 550 more on order.
After two separate and serious battery problems aboard Boeing 787s, it wasn’t U.S. authorities who acted first to ground the plane. It was Japanese airlines.
American Airlines has renegotiated orders with Boeing Co. to save money and in some cases get a slightly smaller, less expensive version of the new 787 jet.
Federal regulators say they are ordering a comprehensive review of the critical systems of Boeing’s 787s, the aircraft maker’s newest and most technologically advanced plane, after a fire and a fuel leak earlier this week.
The FAA has ordered new inspections on older model Boeing 737′s in order to detect tiny cracks that could lead to tears in the fuselage.
Federal safety officials said that they are ordering additional inspections of some Boeing 737 jets after a hole tore open in a Southwest Airlines plane during flight in 2009.
American Airlines said that it has finished inspecting 48 planes and fixing loose seats on some of them. The airline added that all of the planes are back in service now.
American Airlines said that it will become the first U.S. airline to put lie-flat seats in new planes used on transcontinental flights, between New York and California.
Southwest Airlines expects to pay $100 million to refurbish 88 planes that it will lease to Delta Air Lines. That’s twice as much the airline expected to spend if it had kept the planes.
Delta has finalized an agreement to add 88 Boeing 717s to its fleet by leasing planes from Southwest Airlines. The Dallas-based airline inherited the planes when it bought AirTran last year.
- Namaste: Yoga Poses For... Athletics vs Rangers – May... CBS 11 Weather Day - May 22,... Dallas White Out Party - May...
- Athletics vs Rangers - May... Athletics vs Rangers - May... Tornado Aftermath In Moore HP Byron Nelson Championship...
- NASCAR Sprint Cup Series... Tigers vs Rangers - May 19,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 18,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 17,...
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Dallas Comic Con 2013 Tigers vs Rangers - May 16,... Best Summer Dishes
Latest DFW News
- Remembering The Meaning Of Memorial Day
- Viral Video: Big Gas Savings
- Jennifer Aniston Strips!
- Reviews: “Fast & Furious 6” & “Hangover 3”
- Cliburn Piano Contest Begins In Fort Worth
- Boaters Reminded About Zebra Mussels
- Bush Hosts Bike Ride For Combat Veterans
- Dewhurst Wants Special Session For Failed Bills