The second unmanned aircraft to patrol the Texas-Mexico border has arrived at Naval Air Station Corpus Christi.
The Texas Department of Public Safety is ready to ramp up deployment of motion-triggered cameras in what it hopes is another tool to monitor the state’s 1,254-mile border with Mexico.
Members of a task force made up of federal and local authorities found about 50,000 rounds of ammunition beneath the bed of a pickup that was awaiting export to Mexico from Brownsville.
In an effort to stem the illicit flow of weapons into Mexico, the Justice Department announced Monday that all gun shops in four Southwest border states will be required to alert the federal government to frequent buyers of high-powered rifles.
Technology to replace a now defunct virtual fence project at the Mexican border likely won’t be fully in place for at least another decade, maybe longer, according to the Government Accountability Office.
Federal authorities are investigating the fatal shooting of an 18-year-old Eagle Pass drug suspect, allegedly by a U.S. Border Patrol agent.
Governor Perry says the Federal Government needs to send more help to the border, pointing to the killing of an American in Falcon Lake.
Latest DFW News
- Rangers Top Tigers In Texas Slugfest
- Advanced Nursing Degree Requirements In Dallas Improve Patient Care
- DPD Patrol Car Hit; Officer Hurt
- Families Picked Up By EF-4, Now Picking Up The Pieces
- Bae Wins Byron Nelson For First PGA Tour Title
- New Lunch Options For Lemurs At Dallas Zoo
- Cuban Hobnobs With Chris Paul (And Tiger Woods) In Vegas
- Police: Family Violence Claims Two More Victims