There were hopes that Boy Scout officials would vote today on changing the policy that excludes gay members and leaders. But late Wednesday morning, the Scouts announced they are delaying a decision because “more deliberation is needed.”
Just as leaders with the Boy Scouts of America sit down for meetings in Irving, to discuss removing the national membership restriction on sexual orientation, gay scouts and leaders will deliver signed petitions supporting an end to the ban.
The Boys Scouts of America, based in Irving, is considering an about face on it’s longstanding
ban on openly gay scouts and leaders.
Gov. Rick Perry said emphatically Saturday that the Boy Scouts of America shouldn’t soften its strict no-gays membership policy, and suggested that bending the organization to the whims of popular culture is wrong.
A Texas judge has reaffirmed an earlier ruling requiring the Boy Scouts of America to turn over “perversion” files kept on abuse claims, though it’s unlikely that will happen soon.
The Irving-based Boy Scouts of America is considering a dramatic change in its controversial policy of excluding gays as leaders and youth members.
The Irving-based Boy Scouts of America has won a stay of a court order that would have required them to turn over more than two decades of files the group kept on sexual abuse complaints.
Even as its past policies on sex-abuse prevention fuel controversy, the Boy Scouts of America is hosting an unprecedented closed-door symposium Thursday with other national youth organizations.
True to their motto, the Boys Scouts tried to be prepared. For months, they braced for the backlash sure to follow the court-ordered release of voluminous confidential files detailing decades of alleged sex abuse by Scout leaders.
Thousands of pages from the ‘Ineligible Volunteer’ list that were kept by the Irving-based Boy Scouts of America have been released.
The Irving-based Boy Scouts of America has announced that it is launching a review of files the organization compiled over more than four decades on suspected child sex abusers.
The Irving-based Boy Scouts of America faces new allegations of possibly covering up child abuse decades earlier than previously alleged.
- Athletics vs Rangers – June... Photos From The 2013 Miss USA... "The Amazing Race" Casting... Athletics vs Rangers - June...
- Most Romantic US Honeymoon... Adrienne Bankert On "The Talk" Blue Jays vs Rangers – June... Blue Jays vs Rangers – June...
- Blue Jays vs Rangers – June... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Brandon Carr Celebrity... Blue Jays vs Rangers - June...
- Indians vs Rangers - June 12,... Indians vs Rangers - June 11,... Slater's IndyCar Ride-Along... Rangers vs Blue Jays – June...
Latest DFW News
- Rangers Rally To Beat The A’s, 9-4
- Suspect Fires At Irving Police, Officers Return Fire
- North Texas Man Getting Second Chance At Life
- The Adventures Of Nigel & Whippie: With Montez Bishara
- Will Animals Take Over?
- Idea For A New Rangers Movie
- Ben & Skin: Other Parts Of The Paper
- Killed Youth Pastor Remembered At Memorial