Angelina Jolie’s decision to have a double mastectomy may prompt more women to look into cancer prevention surgery, raising questions about what insurance companies cover in these situations.
Rene Syler, who co-anchored CBS News’ The Early Show from 2002 to 2006, joins KRLD to discuss her decision to have a mastectomy.
Angelina Jolie said that she has had a preventive double mastectomy after learning that she carried a gene that made it extremely likely that she would get breast cancer.
A study released Tuesday looked at 40 years of data and found a small, but steady, increase in the number of young women diagnosed with advanced breast cancer.
The Food and Drug Administration has approved a first-of-a-kind breast cancer medication that targets tumor cells while sparing healthy ones.
Mary Margaret Floyd is a 70-year-old cancer survivor who is participating in the Exercise is Medicine program sponsored by Baylor All Saints in Fort Worth.
A group of women are being honored for their contributions to the community. One of them is Dr. Beatrice Wiafe-Addai, being recognized for her fight against breast cancer.
Breast cancer patients taking the drug tamoxifen can cut their chances of having the disease come back or kill them if they stay on the pills for 10 years instead of five years as doctors recommend now, a major study finds.
A doctor talks about some of the latest medical headlines including the age of new HIV patients, concerns over breast cancer screenings, and stress caused by Facebook.
52-year old Cindy Stewart is passionate about her job as a counselor at Arlington High School. She has incurable breast cancer. Yet she battles through the pain and drain of her illness and chemo and the radiation therapies to be at school almost every day she physically can.
A 60-mile journey starts Friday morning in Plano. Thousands of men and women will begin a weekend of walking, all to raise money and awareness about breast cancer.
The words ‘teacher’ and ‘dedication’ go hand in hand, but for one Watuaga Middle School teacher, his dedication over 2 years to helping friends and family with cancer played out in the school cafeteria Thursday.
- Namaste: Yoga Poses For... Athletics vs Rangers – May... CBS 11 Weather Day - May 22,... Dallas White Out Party - May...
- Athletics vs Rangers - May... Athletics vs Rangers - May... Tornado Aftermath In Moore HP Byron Nelson Championship...
- NASCAR Sprint Cup Series... Tigers vs Rangers - May 19,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 18,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 17,...
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Dallas Comic Con 2013 Tigers vs Rangers - May 16,... Best Summer Dishes
Latest DFW News
- DISD Board Supports Plan To Replace Principals, Teachers
- Jose Canseco Denies Sexual Assault Allegation
- FBI Seeks Sealed Court Documents In Investigation Into Dallas County DA
- DISD School Board To Vote On Superintendent’s Principal Plan
- Prosecutors Want Bond Revoked For Dallas Cowboy Josh Brent
- Texas’ Cities Among Fastest-Growing In US
- Forest Park Pool Needs Public’s Help
- Boy Scouts Vote To Allow Openly Gay Members