An agency that helps provide meals to the elderly is itself in need of help. Meals on Wheels of Tarrant County is dealing with a critical shortage of funds. Executive Director Carla Jutson said state and federal budget cuts created a $400,000 shortfall.
Shortfall and sacrifice: that’s how the Texas Legislature two years ago defended gutting $5.4 billion from public education, laying off thousands of public workers with slashed spending and stripping Medicaid to the bone.
City Administrator Charles Fenner said in an email the move was “because of budget matters.”
Patti Weinbrenner has suffered her share of setbacks. In 2005, Weinbrenner lost her Richardson home to a massive fire. This week, she suffered yet another setback.
What budget crisis? The Lieutenant Governor says Texas can actually spend more on schools next year, not less.
- Athletics vs Rangers - May... Tornado Aftermath In Moore HP Byron Nelson Championship... NASCAR Sprint Cup Series...
- Tigers vs Rangers - May 19,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 18,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 17,... Baseball Shots Of The Week –...
- Dallas Comic Con 2013 Tigers vs Rangers - May 16,... Best Summer Dishes Severe Weather Aftermath: May...
- Severe Weather Pictures: May... CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Show Rangers vs Athletics - May... Dallas Cowboys Rookie Camp -...
Latest DFW News
- Oakland Tops Texas, 1-0
- I-Team: Storm Shelters Rare In North Texas Schools
- Criticized Curriculum System CSCOPE Will Scrap Lesson Plans
- Fort Worth City Council Briefed On Animal Shelter After CBS 11 I-Team Investigation
- Moore, Okla. Family Finds Grandfather Buried Alive In Rubble
- Texas Lawmakers Pushing For Review Of UIL
- Rangers Skip Tepesch, Call Up Cotts
- Severe Weather Moves Across North Texas