What is expected to be another long, public fight over next year’s budget in the City of Dallas is about to get underway. Dallas is holding a public hearing on its’ budget shortfall.
A Texas Senate Committee is hearing debate on a bill that would allow school districts to cut teachers pay and use furlough days as ways to trim budgets. The bill has the support of DISD Superintendent Michal Hinojosa.
“Save our teachers! Save our teachers!” The chant echoed off the concrete parking lot of Lincoln High School.
Facing a $15 billion budget shortfall in their own state, Texas senators approved a resolution Wednesday urging Congress to propose a constitutional amendment to balance the federal budget.
Some Texas school districts are talking about eliminating their pre-K programs as a way to help fix their huge budget gaps.
- Athletics vs Rangers - May... Tornado Aftermath In Moore HP Byron Nelson Championship... NASCAR Sprint Cup Series...
- Tigers vs Rangers - May 19,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 18,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 17,... Baseball Shots Of The Week –...
- Dallas Comic Con 2013 Tigers vs Rangers - May 16,... Best Summer Dishes Severe Weather Aftermath: May...
- Severe Weather Pictures: May... CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Show Rangers vs Athletics - May... Dallas Cowboys Rookie Camp -...
Latest DFW News
- Oakland Tops Texas, 1-0
- I-Team: Storm Shelters Rare In North Texas Schools
- Criticized Curriculum System CSCOPE Will Scrap Lesson Plans
- Fort Worth City Council Briefed On Animal Shelter After CBS 11 I-Team Investigation
- Moore, Okla. Family Finds Grandfather Buried Alive In Rubble
- Texas Lawmakers Pushing For Review Of UIL
- Rangers Skip Tepesch, Call Up Cotts
- Severe Weather Moves Across North Texas