When treatment center coordinator Amy Pierce thinks back to her descent into mental illness, she recalls the attempts she made to take her own life. But she also remembers the counseling services that saved her.
An estimated 3,000 people have marched on the state Capitol for an anti-abortion rally to mark the 40th anniversary of the Supreme Court decision legalizing abortion.
Austin, the live music capital of the state, is even better known for walking down the weird side. From Sixth Street to the Capitol, this city’s exciting activities abound. Explore the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center, or learn the history of Dr. Pepper in a getaway that offers a little bit of everything. Walk alongside the edgy and the chic, the bold, the beautiful and always unique to learn why a stroll in the city of Austin is anything but ordinary.
So far budget cuts haven’t hurt operations at the State Capitol
Capitol lobbyists are still getting those concealed handgun licenses, but few will be packing heat.
Latest DFW News
- Road Rage Leads To Murder Charge
- Cabrera Double Lifts Tigers Over Rangers 2-1
- Tornado Victims To Return Home In Granbury
- Mother Prepares To Bury 10-Year-Old Son Hit By School Bus
- PD: Fairview Man Murdered Son & Grandson
- Suspect Sought In Fatal West Dallas Shooting
- Why Wear Costumes To Comic Conventions?
- Agency Studying West Fertilizer Plant Fire & Explosions To Prevent Similar Occurance