Centers for Disease Control
A new government survey shows 12 states now have very high obesity rates. Overall, more than a third of adults are obese but rates vary by state.
Finally some good news about cholesterol and kids: A big government study shows that in the past decade, the proportion of children who have high cholesterol has fallen.
As it stands, the West Nile Virus has infected nearly 150 people across the metroplex. And of all the North Texas counties Denton was the first to report a human case of the West Nile virus.
Health officials say the nation is on track to have the worst year for whooping cough in more than five decades. Nearly 18,000 cases, including more than 500 in Texas, have been reported so far — more than twice the number seen at this point last year.
You or someone you know has probably planned a wedding. It’s a big day that everyone expects to be perfect. Now, the federal government wants to help. The CDC has come up with a Wedding Day Survival Guide.
Republican politicians continue to work against HPV vaccination despite its ability to prevent thousands of cases of cervical cancer and resulting deaths.
On Tuesday the CDC announced that a $1.2 million program will offer free rapid HIV tests at pharmacies and in-store clinics in several North Texas cities and 23 other communities across the country.
A mysterious and scattered outbreak of the E. coli bacteria is linked to 14 illnesses and one death, health officials say. The reported illnesses were spread across six states.
Last year was the worst year for measles in the U.S. in 15 years, health officials said Thursday. There were 222 cases of measles, a large jump from the 60 or so seen in a typical year.
ew numbers from the Centers for Disease Control show a significant jump in children with autism.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention issued a warning Thursday about using a common paint-stripping chemical to refinish bathtubs after tying it to 13 deaths in 10 states, including Texas.
In the first national estimate of its kind, a report from government researchers says more than 1 in 5 high school students and middle schoolers ride in cars while others are smoking.
- Adrienne Bankert On "The Talk" Blue Jays vs Rangers – June... Blue Jays vs Rangers – June... Blue Jays vs Rangers – June...
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Brandon Carr Celebrity... Blue Jays vs Rangers - June... Indians vs Rangers - June 12,...
- Indians vs Rangers - June 11,... Slater's IndyCar Ride-Along... Rangers vs Blue Jays – June... Unique Sunglasses For Summer
- IndyCar Firestone 550 At... Autos Quiz: Name That Car Logo Rangers vs Blue Jays – June... Rangers vs Blue Jays - June...
Latest DFW News
- Residents Urge City To Fix Potholes To Address West Nile Problems
- Alcohol A Factor In Multi-Fatal Crash
- Rangers end 6-game skid with 8-7 win over A’s
- Plano Burglar Hitting Up Homes For Plastic
- Family Blames Dallas VA Hospital For Vet’s Death After Botched Surgery
- CareFlite To Take-Off From Frisco Permanently
- Dallas, Flower Mound Begin Spraying For West Nile Virus
- Thrifty Says Offer Of Free Rental Car Was Mistake