A federal judge has approved a potential $1 billion plan to resolve thousands of NFL concussion lawsuits filed by retired players.
The rate of concussions among NFL players fell 25 percent this season, according to the league, even as injury reporting and trips to injured reserve list went up overall.
Baylor quarterback Bryce Petty is making progress in his recovery from a concussion.
A new study raises questions about how safe it is for teenagers to play high school football.
The NFL’s potential $1 billion plan to compensate retired players for brain trauma could soon close the chapter on a troubled era of league concussion management.
In a survey of the NCAA’s 1,066 members, researchers found that nearly one in five schools either don’t have the required concussion management plan or haven’t communicated it well.
Only nine former NFL players have opted out of the proposed class settlement in the NFL concussion litigation.
The wife and sons of former San Diego Chargers defensive back Paul Oliver sued the NFL for wrongful death, blaming sports-related concussions for his suicide last year.
Nearly three in 10 former NFL players will develop at least moderate neurocognitive problems and qualify for payments under the proposed $765 million concussion settlement.
The NFL said that concussions were down 13 percent from the previous year, and the number of concussions coming from helmet-to-helmet contact was down 23 percent.
Seven former professional football players have filed a court challenge to a tentative class action settlement of concussion claims that would cost the NFL at least $765 million.
World Cup organizers repeatedly failed to follow their own concussion or teach fans about the dangers of head injuries, concussion expert Chris Nowinski said Tuesday.