A suspected copper thief is hospitalized at Parkland Hospital after being electrocuted in Denton County. Officials say 24-year-old James Johnson was committing the crime on Sunday, near Aubery, when he was seriously burned.
Copper thieves are creating more than a nuisance for the Hurst-Euless-Bedford Independent School District.
Campuses in the Dallas Independent School District (DISD) have been the repeated victims of copper thieves. In the month of November alone, copper thieves targeted nine schools.
Members of the Chisolm Baptist Church in Rockwall came to church on Sunday in flip-flops and shorts after 10 of the church’s air conditioners were stolen.
Fort Worth’s Jennings Street still sits in the dark as the city has put daily repairs on hold to deal with damage done by the recent string of copper theft.
A rash of copper thefts creates a big problem for the Fort Worth school district.
- HP Byron Nelson Championship... NASCAR Sprint Cup Series... Tigers vs Rangers - May 19,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 18,...
- Tigers vs Rangers - May 17,... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Dallas Comic Con 2013 Tigers vs Rangers - May 16,...
- Best Summer Dishes Severe Weather Aftermath: May... Severe Weather Pictures: May... CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Show
- Rangers vs Athletics - May... Dallas Cowboys Rookie Camp -... Rangers vs Athletics – May... Flash Forward: Concept Cars...
Latest DFW News
- The Other Team’s Playbook: 5.21.13
- Reacting To Romo’s Cyst Surgery
- OK Tornado Survivor Finds Dog Buried Alive In Rubble
- An Afterthought On The Network Upfronts
- Golf Adopts Rule To Ban Anchored Putting Stroke
- Sex Offender List Closer To Pulling Job Details
- Texas Radioactive Waste Bill Killed For Error
- Failing Schools Could Get Special Districts