Dallas County Commissioners
Dallas County Commissioners approved spending $350,000 to combat mosquitoes. The money will go towards hiring a Little Rock, Arkansas-based company to set traps each week, and spray more than 5,000 square miles throughout the season.
During a Dallas County Commissioners Court meeting Tuesday leaders agreed aerial spraying for the West Nile Virus should begin. County lleaders are now waiting for 5 p.m. Wednesday, the deadline given to mayors to submit their opinions on spraying in their individual cities.
John Wiley Price may be in trouble with the feds, but certainly not with people in his district. CBS 11 News has learned most folks there don’t put much stock in recent accusations of tax fraud and money laundering.
Federal court records unsealed Thursday show that last year the FBI seized $229,590 from a safe in Dallas County Commissioner John Wiley Price’s home. The cash, most of it in $100 bills and bundled in bank sacks, is alleged to be the proceeds of money laundering and bankruptcy fraud.
Some people want to speak at public, local government meetings. But the information they have to provide in order to be heard is raising concerns about their privacy and security.
Dallas County commissioners are scheduled to vote Tuesday on whether or not to build a massive “observation” wheel that’s expected to be a lot like others already in Europe.
Dallas County Commissioners are slashing budget items, as the county sees less tax revenue coming in.
The fallout and finger pointing continues after mother of two boys, later found murdered, flagged down a Dallas County Constable for help after their father took them by force, but the officer declined to chase the suspect.
Dallas County Commissioner John Wiley Price shoved a WFAA reporter and attempted to slam a door on a CBS 11 reporter Wednesday morning while trying to prevent them from entering his road and bridge office at 1506 E. Langdon.
The Dallas County Commissioners are embracing a new fund designed to provide air conditioners for the needy to make sure nobody has to fight the heat without help.
County Commissioner John Wiley Price’s attorney acknowledged reports that FBI agents removed $100,000 in cash from his client’s home Monday, although he said he hasn’t viewed an official search warrant.
- Namaste: Yoga Poses For... Athletics vs Rangers – May... CBS 11 Weather Day - May 22,... Dallas White Out Party - May...
- Athletics vs Rangers - May... Athletics vs Rangers - May... Tornado Aftermath In Moore HP Byron Nelson Championship...
- NASCAR Sprint Cup Series... Tigers vs Rangers - May 19,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 18,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 17,...
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Dallas Comic Con 2013 Tigers vs Rangers - May 16,... Best Summer Dishes
Latest DFW News
- Texas’ Cities Among Fastest-Growing In US
- Forest Park Pool Needs Public’s Help
- Boy Scouts Vote To Allow Openly Gay Members
- Storm Chances Return for North Texas
- Man Convicted Of Drowning Sons Sentenced To Death
- Man Shot Dead In Southlake Town Square Identified
- Nearly All States See Drop In Teen Births, But TX Still Leads Nation
- NHL Playoffs Schedule